Very easy to make and ideal to serve at parties, the Potato Nuggets is sure to please you with its succulent mouth-feel and pleasant cheesy flavour. A mixture of mashed potatoes and cheese, flavoured elegantly with red chilli flakes, is shaped into nuggets and deep-fried to make this all-time favourite snack. Make sure you refrigerate the mixture for at least half an hour before shaping it. Remove it from the fridge just when you are ready to roll and deep-fry the nuggets, otherwise it will become soft and it will become difficult not only to roll but also fry the Potato Nuggets the nuggets might break and the cheese might ooze out, causing a pretty mess. If you keep the mixture refrigerated till the time of cooking, it will be too easy! Loved by kids and adults, the Potato Nuggets is a great starter to serve at any party!
|Boiled mashed potatoes||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Grated processed cheese||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Corn flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Bread crumbs||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry red chilli flakes||1 Tablespoon (paprika)|
|Oil||3 Cup (48 tbs) (For deep frying)|
|Tomato ketchup||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (for serving)|
1. Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and mix well.
2. Cover with a lid and refrigerate for atleast 30 minutes.
3. Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions.
4. Roll a portion of the dough on a clean, dry surface into a 350 mm. (14) diameter long roll using your palms.
5. Cut the roll into 16 equal pieces using a sharp knife.
6. Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and deep-fry the nuggets till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
7. Repeat steps 3 to 5 to make more nuggets.
8. Serve immediately with tomato ketchup.