Today we're making roast chicken! This recipe is dairy-free, gluten-free, soy-free, and paleo-friendly.
|Lemon||1 (cut in half)|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm)|
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Pan drippings||1 Tablespoon|
|Spicy brown mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Chicken stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat your oven to 450 degrees, and preheat your oven safe sauté pan.
2. Season the inside cavity of the chicken. Stuff with lemon, thyme, and garlic.
3. Rub the chicken with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
4. Truss and roast for 30-45 minutes depending on the size of your bird.
5. After the 30-45 minutes are done, turn off your oven.
6. Leave the chicken in for another 30-40 minutes. (Do peek) Check for doneness, if the juices run clear then you are ready to serve.
7. Reserve 1 tbs of pan drippings. Sautee in the shallots cook until its translucent. 2 minutes Deglaze the pan with the chicken stock.
8. Add the lemon juice, thyme, and the mustard.
9. Let the sauce reduce for about 5 minutes, then stir in your butter. let it all incorporate.
10. Serve and Enjoy.