Today we're making Mexican Hot Chocolate Cookies! This recipe is vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free, soy-free, and paleo-friendly.
|Almond meal||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1/8 Teaspoon|
|Melted coconut oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Coconut milk||1 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Agave syrup||2 Tablespoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Pinch|
1. Start with a large bowl and throw in your almond meal, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and cocoa powder.
2. Add a pinch of nutmeg and a pinch of cayenne for heat.
3. Mix thoroughly to get out any bumps and clumps. In a separate, smaller bowl, add your coconut oil, coconut milk, vanilla extract and agave nectar or honey and whisk together.
4. Once that's completely mixed, combine the contents of both bowls to form your dough.
5. Now, preheat to 350 degrees. While you're waiting for the oven, take a tablespoon to portion out your cookies from your dough and flatten them onto a baking sheet.
6. You can also top them with dark chocolate. The darker the chocolate, the less sugar and dairy.
7. Once they're formed, bake your cookies for 12 minutes. And that's it!
8. Chocolatey, cinnamony, spicy, Mexican hot chocolate cookies. Just...try not to eat them all.