Today we're making Thai Red Curry with pork loin. If you don't eat pork, feel free to replace it with any meat or non-meat you'd like! This recipe is dairy-free, gluten-free, soy-free, and paleo-friendly.
|Pork loin||1 Pound|
|Red bell pepper||1|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm)|
|Scallions||20 Gram (use as required)|
|Cilantro||20 Gram (use as required)|
|Shiitake mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Bamboo shoots can||1|
|Canned coconut milk||1|
|Red curry paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Fish sauce||1 Teaspoon|
1. Let's prepare the veggies.
2. Next, cut your meat into fairly thin slices.
3. Take your coconut milk (Don't shake it!) and in a super hot pan, scoop out the top fattier half of the can and let it simmer for about two minutes by itself.
4. Add the curry paste, and let simmer for 4 minutes.
5. Then season and add your meat to the pan. Toss to coat. Next add the onions and garlic and stir.
6. Now, one by one, you can add your peppers, bamboo, mushrooms, scallions, fish sauce, rest of the coconut milk, a bay leaf*, basil, and cilantro.
7. Stir and let cook for 8 more minutes.
9. Serve and Enjoy!
Notes: Always remove bay leaves before serving!