Corn and carrot, everybodys favourite ingredients, team up to make this wonderful, please-all sandwich. While both are yummy ingredients, they are both mildly sweet, so we have added capsicum and green chillies for a touch of spice, and of course, a lot of cheese to spruce up the sandwich! The Cheesy Corn and Carrot Sandwich is an ideal travel sandwich, not only because everyone loves it, but also because it stays good for five hours if properly cooled, wrapped in aluminium foil and stored in an airtight container. It is also very important to use fresh bread to make your sandwich. We have not trimmed the edges of the bread, but you can do so if you wish.
|Fresh bread slices||16|
|Grated carrot||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Finely chopped capsicum||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Boiled sweet corn kernals||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) ((makai ke dane))|
|Cheese spread||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Finely chopped green chillies||1/2 Teaspoon|
1. Divide the filling into 8 equal portions. Keep aside.
2. Put a portion of the prepared filling on a bread slice and spread it evenly.
3. Cover it with another bread slice and press it lightly.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 to make 7 more sandwiches.
5. Cut each sandwich diagonally into 2 using a sharp knife.
6. Pack each sandwich individually into an aluminium foil and place them in an air-tight container. Use as required.