Simple elegance, that describes the Palak Pulao best of all. Easy and tasty, this Spinach Rice is loaded with spinach and moong dal, and derives its flavour from ingredients like onions, green chillies and tomatoes. You will be surprised to note that this Palak Rice does not use any spices, but still has a multi-faceted flavour that includes the pungency of onions and garlic, the spiciness of green chillies and the tanginess of tomatoes. Enjoy it hot and fresh, with a cup of curds or Green Tomato Kadhi.
|Finely chopped spinach||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Yellow moong dal||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) ((split yellow gram, soaked for 15 minutes and drained))|
|Finely chopped onions||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic paste||1 Teaspoon ((lehsun))|
|Green chilli paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Finely chopped tomatoes||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Heat the oil in a pressure cooker, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
2. Add the garlic paste, green chilli paste and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
3. Add the tomatoes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
4. Add the spinach, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
5. Add the dal, rice and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
6. Add 2 cups of hot water, mix well and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
7. Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
8.Serve hot with curd.