Watch Chef Sneha Nair make Kerala's traditional main course recipe, Fish Curry only on Get Curried.
When exploring the spices in the southern India, don't miss the most loved and yummiest Fish Curry! The flavours seeped into juicy fish pieces makes this dish very tempting and mouth watering So learn from Sneha Nair how to cook authentic Kerala fish curry.
|Coconut oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Mustard seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm)|
|Onion||2 , slice|
|Grated coconut||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Turmeric powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Chilli powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Coriander powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Pomfret||2 (baby pompfret)|
1. Add coconut oil in a pot and let it heat. Add mustard seeds to the hot oil.
2.Once the seeds start spluttering, add curry leaves, chopped garlic, chopped ginger and two dry red chillies.
3. Add the onions and salt and let the onions cook.
4. In a blender add raw mangoes, freshly desiccated coconut, onions, turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder, little bit of water and grind it to a fine consistency.
5. Add this paste to the onions, add some chilli powder and half a cup of water. Cook the curry for a minute or half.
6. Add finely chopped raw mango to the curry.
7. Make slits on your pomfrets, so that the curry can seep in and add them to the gravy.
8. Cover and cook the curry on the flame for 5 to 10 minutes.
9. Kerala style Fish Curry is ready to be served! Enjoy!