Learn how to make authentic Punjabi Kadhi Pakoda at home with Neelam only on Get Curried.
Compared with other kadhi recipes, kadhi prepared with this recipe has simply irresistible texture that lives up to its expectation of true Punjabi taste because of mildly spiced, deep fried pakora submerged in thick gravy. Relish it with steamed rice or vegetable khichdi and experience the bliss of classic Indian comfort food.
|For the kadhi|
|Plain yoghurt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Gram flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs) (more if you need)|
|Cumin seeds||2 Teaspoon|
|Mustard seeds||1 1/2 Teaspoon|
|Fenugreek seeds||1 1/2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm)|
|Cumin powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Coriander powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Chilli powder||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Garam masala||1/2 Teaspoon|
|For the pakodas:|
|Gram flour||4 Tablespoon|
|Coriander seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Cumin seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried fenugreek leaves||2 Tablespoon (use as required)|
|Water||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (use as required)|
1. In a bowl mix gram flour and yoghurt well. Mix water as required.
2. Once the ghee melts, add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, dry red chilli, crushed garlic and fenugreek seeds and cook it well.
3. Add turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin seed powder, red chilli powder, salt to taste and mix well.
4. Slit the green chillies and add them in the spices. Add the gram flour mixture in the spice mixture and mix well.
5. Add water to bring it to a perfect consistency and cook well. Bring this mixture to boil and later lower the flame.
For the pakodas:
6. Mix gram flour along with potatoes and onions. Add carrom seeds, chopped green chillies, coriander seeds, cumin seeds and fenugreek leaves.
7. Add salt to taste and mix water so as to make the batter for the pakoda.
8. Heat oil on a medium flame, and once it is hot, fry the pakodas.
9. Fry the pakodas till golden brown.
10. Drop the pakodas in the kadhi. Give it a good mix and allow the pakodas to set in the kadhi. Yummy, delicious and moth watering Kadhi pakodas are ready to be served.