Learn how to make authentic North Indian style Dal Makhani at home with Neelam only on Get Curried.
Dal Makhani is one of the most popular dal recipes of India along with dal tadka and dal fry. The recipe does complete justice to the name and uses plenty of butter which balances out the heat from the spices and makes the final dal rich and creamy.
|Black gram||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Kidney bean||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs) (use as required)|
|Cumin seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm) (use as required)|
|Ginger garlic paste||2 Teaspoon|
|Red chilli powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1 1/2 Teaspoon|
|Coriander seeds||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Garam masala||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Fresh cream||2 Tablespoon|
|Fenugreek leaves||3 Tablespoon (use as required)|
|Butter||To Taste (optional)|
1. Soak kidney bean and black gram for a minimum of 8 hours.
2. Pressure cook them till nicely cooked.
3. Heat ghee in a pan, add cumin seeds along with onion and cook it till light brown.
4. Add garlic cloves and saute till brown. Later add ginger garlic paste, green chillies, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt and tomatoes.
5. Cook tomatoes till soft. Add the cooked lentils and mix well.
6. To bring the consistency of the dal at the best, add butter and smash few lentils while cooking.
7. Crush coriander seeds along with fenugreek leaves and garam masala and give it a mix.
8. Top it up with fresh cream.
9. Delicious dal makhani is ready to be served.