Sweet corn combines very well with white sauce as it creates juicy, yellow speckles that complement the colour and creaminess of the sauce very well. In this delectable Baked Corn Open Toast, crisp brown bread slices are topped with a flavourful white sauce containing sweet corn, green chillies, onions, et al, topped with cheese, and further baked till a luring aroma wafts out of the oven!
|For the corn stuffing:|
|Boiled sweet corn kernels||1 Cup (16 tbs) ((makai ke dane))|
|Plain flour||1 Tablespoon ((maida))|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Finely chopped onions||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Finely chopped green chillies||2 Teaspoon|
|For the corn toast:|
|Grated process cheese||2 Tablespoon|
FOR THE CORN STUFFING:
1. Heat 3 tsp of butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the plain flour and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
2. Add the milk, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes or till the sauce thickens, while stirring continuously.
3. Add the salt and pepper powder, mix well and keep the white sauce aside.
4. Heat the remaining 2 tsp of butter in another broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
5. Add the green chillies, sweet corn, sugar, salt, pepper powder and white sauce, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
6. Divide the stuffing into 6 equal portions and keep aside.
FOR BAKED CORN OPEN TOAST:
1. Bake all the bread slices in a pre-heated oven at 180C (360F) for 8 to 10 minutes or till they turn crisp.
2. Place all the toasted bread on a clean, dry surface and spread a portion of the corn stuffing and sprinkle tbsp of cheese evenly on each bread toast.
3. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180C (360F) for another 5 to 7 minutes or till the cheese melts.