You would have tried dosas and rotis of maize flour but have you ever tried making a dosa with fresh sweet corn kernels? With a small amount of besan for binding, and green chillies and coriander for flavour, juicy sweet corn kernels make scrumptious dosas that are of a perfect colour and texture.
The best part is that the Corn Dosa can be made in no time at all, as it requires no soaking or fermentation and grinding time is also very less. It will be loved by all, especially kids!
|Sweet corn kernels||1 Cup (16 tbs) (makai ke dane)|
|Besan||5 Tablespoon (bengal gram flour)|
|Green chilli paste||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Finely chopped coriander||2 Tablespoon (dhania)|
|Oil||1 1/2 Tablespoon (For greasing and cooking)|
|Serving sauce||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (coconut chutney and green chutney)|
1. Blend the sweet corn kernels in a mixer till smooth.
2. Transfer the sweet corn mixture into a bowl, add all the remaining ingredients along with approx. cup of water and mix well to make a batter of dropping consistency.
3. Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it using a little oil.
4. Pour a ladleful of the batter on the tava (griddle) and move the spoon in a circular motion to make a 150 mm. (6) round dosa.
5. Smear a little oil around the edges and cook on a medium flame till the dosa turns light brown in colour from both the sides.
6. Fold over to make a semi-circle or a roll.
7. Repeat with the remaining batter to make 3 more dosas.
8. Serve immediately with coconut chutney or green chutney.