Watch how to make Eggless Chocolate Cheesecake, a mouth watering recipe by Anushruti. Here is a guilt trip down the chocolate cheesecake lane. Sinfully sweet and easy to make, no bake chocolate cheesecake, which you should definitely try for this Christmas. It is amazingly sweet and serves best to satisfy the chocolaty craving of chocolate addicts!
Note : You can either make this in a deep dish 8 springform pan or a 9 regular pan. Garnishing is optional and you could leave it plain, sprinkle some grated chocolate over it or make some pretty decorations.
|For the base:|
|Cocoa powder||1 Tablespoon|
|For the cake filling:|
|Mascarpone cheese||500 Gram|
|Icing sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Thick yogurt||200 Gram|
|Pure vanilla extract||1 Tablespoon|
|Dark chocolate/Semi sweet chocolate chips||250 Gram|
Prepare the base:
1. Place the biscuits in a zip loc pouch, seal and with the help of a rolling pin, crush the biscuits to a fine powder. Alternatively, process the biscuits in a food processor until they turn into a fine powder.
2. Put the biscuit powder in a mixing bowl, add the cocoa powder and the room temperature butter and mix with your finger tips until the mixture resembles bread crumbs and the butter is well mixed into the biscuit powder. Alternatively, make this in a food processor.
3. Press this mixture over a the base of a deep 8” (20 cm) or regular 9” (23 cm) springform pan or a pan with a detachable base.
4. Refrigerate for half an hour or place in the deep freezer for 10 min.
Prepare the filling:
5. If the china grass is in bars, process it into flakes in a blender. Place the chinagrass in a bowl of water (1 cup, 250 ml) and allow it to soak while you prepare the other ingredients for the filling.
6. In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer if using one, beat the mascarpone, sugar & yogurt until smooth and creamy, with a wire whisk or a hand blender or the paddle attachment if using a stand mixer. Stir in the vanilla, mix well and keep aside.
7. Melt the chocolate with the butter in a double boiler. Allow to cool slightly and then slowly stir it into the mascarpone mixture and mix well.
8. Place the chinagrass with the water and allow it to melt, stirring all the while, over a low flame. Once it melts completely pour it over a strainer into the cheese-chocolate mixture, stirring the cheese mixture all the while.
9. It is important to keep stirring the cheese mixture as china grass sets very fast and we need to prevent the formation of tiny lumps. Immediately pour the prepared mixture into the prepared crust.
10. Allow to set in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 hours before serving. Garnish with grated chocolate if desired. Makes one deep 8” or regular 9” cheesecake.
11. For a gluten free version, use gluten free cookies!