This Christmas make delicious yummy and gorgeous looking cakes and cookies. Learn how to make eggless cakes delightful cookies at the comfort of your home in quick and easy steps on Rajshri Food
|Plain flour||500 Gram|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Hot water||280 Milliliter (divided)|
|Granulated white sugar||250 Gram|
|Granulated brown sugar||250 Gram|
|Sour yogurt/Sour cream||250 Milliliter (medium consistency)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Cinnamon powder||3/4 Teaspoon|
|Nutmeg powder||3/4 Teaspoon|
|Dried fruit||1 1/4 Cup (20 tbs) (apricot, fig, cranberries, raisins, dates, glace cherries)|
|Nuts||3/4 Cup (12 tbs) (cashews, almonds and walnuts)|
|For vanilla glaze:|
|Confectioner’s sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Soft butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1/2 Teaspoon|
1. Lightly grease the base of a bundt pan and dust it with plain flour and tap to remove excess. Alternatively use two 8” or 9” round pan.
2. In a large bowl, assemble the dry ingredients- the flour, baking powder and baking soda and sieve together to make the mixture uniform and prevent lumps in the flour mixture.
3. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F.
4. In another bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, put in the hot water and sugar and blend until the sugar partly melts. Quickly stir in the oil and the yogurt and mix well.
5. Stir in the the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, add the vanilla extract, cinnamon and nutmeg powder and mix well until you get a smooth batter, about 3 to 4 minutes.
6. Stir in the dried fruits and nuts and mix again.Bake in the middle rack of an oven. After 15 minutes lower the heat to 150C/300F and bake for 60 to 65 minutes more or until a skewer comes out clean.
7. Allow the cake to cool for about 10 minutes in the pan and then transfer it onto a cooling rack. Allow to cool completely.
8. Makes one large bundt cake or two 8” or 9” round cakes.
For Vanilla Glaze:
9. Mix all the ingredients together and spoon over the cake. Decorate with dried fruits over the glaze.