A standard combination of rice and boiled vegetables emerges in a totally new avatar, thanks to a homemade red chilli-garlic paste, a few spoons of curd, and a mix-in of grated cheese. Cook the rice to the right consistency ensuring that it does not become mushy. Likewise, make sure you add the cheese only after you switch off the flame. Such care will result in a perfectly textured Garlicky Vegetable and Cheese Rice that you will find totally enjoyable.
|Garlic||5 Clove (25 gm) (lehsun)|
|Finely chopped onions||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Finely chopped french beans||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Boiled potato cubes||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Boiled carrot pieces||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Boiled green peas||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Capsicum slices||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Grated processed cheese||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) (for garnish)|
|Cooked rice||3 Cup (48 tbs) (chawal)|
|Dry kashmiri red chillies||3 , broken (into pieces)|
|Tomato cubes||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) , deseeded|
|Whisked curd||2 Tablespoon (dahi)|
1. Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and dry roast the red chillies on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
2. Combine the roasted red chillies, garlic and 2 tbsp of water and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste. Keep aside.
3. Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
4. Add the red chilli-garlic paste and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
5. Add the french beans, potatoes, carrots, green peas and capsicum, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
6. Add the tomatoes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
7. Add the rice, curds and salt, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
8. Remove from the flame, add the cheese and mix well.
9.Serve hot garnished with cheese.