Gluten Free Sugar Cookies are the perfect holiday cookie for decorating and sharing!
|Gluten free all purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1/2 Tablespoon|
|Kosher salt||1/4 Tablespoon|
|Softened butter||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 1/2 Tablespoon|
|Powdered sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 325F.
2. In a bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder and salt.
3. in the bowl of a standing mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
4. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until incorporated.
5. Gradually add the flour mixture until the dough comes together.
6. Place the dough on a piece of parchment paper, shape into a disk, cover and refrigerate until firm, about 20-30 minutes.
7. Roll out dough to 1/4 inch thick.
8. Use cookie cutters to cut out desired shapes. Place on a Silpat or parchment lined baking sheet
9. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the edges begin to turn golden.
10. Allow the cookies to cool completely before decorating.
11. For the icing; combine the ingredients in a bowl and stir until smooth.
12.Serve And Enjoy