Vegetarian Spaghetti Pie is one of my family's all time favorite dinners! It is such a unique twist for pasta night.
|Cooked spaghetti||8 Ounce (about 1/2 package)|
|Eggs||2 Large , whisk|
|Grated parmesan||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) , divided|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon , divided|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm) , mince|
|Onion||1 , dice|
|Red bell pepper||1 , dice|
|Peeled carrot||1 Large , dice|
|Celery stalk||1 , dice|
|Kosher salt||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Tomato sauce||2 Cup (32 tbs) (weelicious tomato sauce)|
|Ricotta cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Italian herbs||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Grated mozzarella cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
2. Place the cooked spaghetti in a bowl and coat with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
3. Combine the eggs and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese in a bowl. Add the mixture to the spaghetti and stir to mix well.
4. Place the spaghetti mixture into a greased deep-dish pie plate and spread to make a pie crust.
5. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add the garlic, onions, red bell peppers, carrots, celery, salt and sauté for 5 minutes, until soft.
6. Pour the tomato sauce over the vegetables and stir to combine.
7. In a bowl stir together the ricotta cheese, the remaining 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese and Italian herbs to combine.
8. Spread the Ricotta/Parmesan cheese mixture over the pasta, then layer the vegetable mixture and finally, top with the mozzarella.
9. Place dish on a sheet pan and bake for 30 minutes.
10. Cool, cut into wedges and serve.