Many a shortcut there might be, but sometimes the traditional method of making a mithai yields the richest taste! This authentic recipe of Gajar Halwa proves that! Made with grated carrots, khoya, milk, dry fruits and ghee, this halwa has a divine taste and aroma that take you to another world. This famous sweet is prepared in households all over India for offering to God on puja days as well as to celebrate festivals and weddings. Gajar ka Halwa is great on its own, but to make it more exciting have it with Rabri or Vanilla Ice-cream.
|Grated carrot||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Melted ghee||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Crumbled mava||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) ((khoya))|
|Cardamom powder||1/2 Teaspoon ((elaichi))|
|For the garnish:|
|Almond||2 Tablespoon ((badam silvers))|
1. Heat the ghee in a deep non-stick kadhai, add the carrots, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 6 to 8 minutes, while stirring continuously.
2. Add the sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
3. Add the mava, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
4. Add the cardamom powder and mix well.
5. Garnish with almond slivers.
Store refrigerated in an air-tight container till serving.