It is not uncommon to see paneer being used in Chinese-style Fried Rice, but this particular Paneer Fried Rice is unusually tasty, because we have marinated the paneer. Black pepper and a couple of sauces are used in the marinade to give the paneer a truly tongue-tickling flavour. An assortment of crunchy, juicy, colourful veggies and taste-enhancers like ginger and garlic work well together to give the Paneer Fried Rice an amazing mouth-feel and flavour. When garnished with spring onions and served with Chinese accompaniments, it tastes simply awesome! Couple it with Vegetables in Hot Garlic Sauce to make a truly Oriental meal.
|Cooked long grained rice||3 Cup (48 tbs) (basmati)|
|Oil||1 1/2 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped garlic||2 Teaspoon (lehsun)|
|Finely chopped ginger||1 Teaspoon (adrak)|
|Finely chopped green chillies||2 Teaspoon|
|Finely chopped carrot||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Finely chopped french beans||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Finely chopped capsicum||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Finely chopped spring onions||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (whites and greens)|
|Soy sauce||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Chilli sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|For the marinade:|
|Paneer cubes||1 Cup (16 tbs) (cottage cheese)|
|Soy sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Chilli sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|For the garnish:|
|Finely chopped spring onions||1 Tablespoon (whites and greens)|
For the marinated paneer:
1. Combine the soy sauce, chilli sauce, cornflour, salt and pepper in a deep bowl and mix well.
2. Add the paneer cubes and mix lightly.
3. Cover with a lid and keep aside for 15 minutes.
4. Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the marinated paneer, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
How to proceed:
5. Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic, ginger and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
6. Add the carrot, French beans and capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
7. Add the spring onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
8. Add the soy sauce, chilli sauce, rice and salt, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
9. Add the marinated cooked paneer, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
10.Serve hot garnished with spring onions greens and whites.