The Crispy Patra Chaat is an off-beat but awesome chaat, made by topping yummy patras with delectable chaat essentials like sweet and green chutneys, curd and sev. Patra is a famous Gujarati farsan made by deep-frying batter-coated colocasia leaves. Its unique texture and flavour lend themselves very well to the preparation of chaat. Fry the patra just before making the chaat so that it will be crisp. Also, serve the chaat immediately after preparation to enjoy the exciting crispness and perfect blend of flavours.
|Oil||3 Cup (48 tbs) (For deep frying)|
|Whisked curd||2 1/2 Cup (40 tbs) (dahi)|
|Sweet chutney||5 Teaspoon|
|Green chutney||10 Teaspoon|
|Nylon sev||5 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped coriander||5 Teaspoon (dhania)|
1. Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, and deep-fry a few patra pieces at a time on a medium flame till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
2. Take 4 deep-fried patra pieces and chop them roughly using a sharp knife.
3. Place them on a serving plate, top it with 1/2 cup of curds, 1 tsp of sweet chutney and 2 tsp of green chutney evenly over it.
4. Finally top it with 1 tbsp of sev and 1 tsp of coriander evenly over it.
5. Repeat steps 2 to 4 to make 4 more plates.