Everybody loves chocolate cakes, but the moment somebody mentions it, we think not just of the intense taste of cocoa but also the indulgent richness of dairy products like butter, cream and condensed milk, which put it out of the reach of vegans. Here is a completely Vegan Chocolate Cake Recipe, which is so rich in taste despite not using butter or milk. The right proportion of ingredients and the use of oil ensure a rich taste and consistency despite not using these dairy products. In fact, nobody can tell the difference so you can confidently make it even for birthdays and other occasions. With a bit of decoration using icings or frostings, this cake will be just as glamorous as any other!
|Oil||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vinegar||1 1/2 Teaspoon|
|Vanila essence||1 Teaspoon|
|Plain flour||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs) ((maida))|
|Cocoa powder||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Castor sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
1.Pre-heat the oven at 180C (360F) for 25 minutes.
2. Combine 1 cup of warm water, oil, vinegar and vanilla essence in a deep bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
3. Combine the plain flour, cocoa powder, castor sugar, baking powder and salt in another deep bowl and mix well using a whisk.
4. Add the prepared water-oil mixture to it and mix well using a whisk.
5. Pour the batter into a greased and dusted rectangle aluminium cake tin of 250 mm. (10) x 150 mm. (6).
6. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180C (360F) for 25 minutes.
7. Cool slightly and loosen the edges using a sharp knife. Demould the cake and cut it into 15 equal square pieces.
8.Serve or use as required.