In the mood for a serving of pav bhaji but dont have the time to make it? Well, go for this Instant Pav Bhaji Masala Toast instead.
It is quick and easy to make but tastes just like pav bhaji thanks to the combination of boiled potatoes and veggies with the inimitable pav bhaji masala. You can keep some boiled potatoes in the freezer to defrost and use instantly in recipes like this! You can make it in a jiffy when you yearn for a snack or when your kids come back from play unusually hungry! Be generous with the butter so as to get the authentic taste. Relish it hot and fresh to enjoy the delightful crispness of bread and the spicy succulence of the filling.
|Butter||8 Teaspoon (for spreading and cooking)|
|For the topping|
|Boiled and mashed potatoes||1 1/4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped capsicum||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped tomatoes||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Finely chopped garlic||1 Teaspoon (lehsun)|
|Pav bhaji masala||1 1/2 Teaspoon|
|Chilli powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Finely chopped coriander||2 Tablespoon (dhania)|
|Lemon juice||1 1/2 Teaspoon|
For the topping
1. Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and mix very well.
2. Divide it into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
3. Place all the bread slices on a clean, dry surface and spread 1/2 tsp of butter on each bread slice.
4. Place a buttered bread slice on a clean, dry surface with the buttered side facing upwards and spread a portion of the topping evenly over it and press it lightly using your fingers.
5. Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it with 1 1/2 tsp of butter. Place a toast on it with the topping side facing upwards and cook it on a medium flame, till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides.
6. Cut the toast diagonally into 2 equal portions.
7. Repeat steps 4 to 6 to make 3 more toasts.