Learn how to make perfect soft Boondi Ladoo at home from our chef Archana on Ruchkar Mejwani. Boondi Ladoo or Motichoor Laddu is a delicious Indian sweet that is prepared from boondi and sugar syrup.
|Gram flour||250 Gram|
|Cardamom powder||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Ghee||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) , divided (1/2 cup for batter and 1/2 cup for the batter)|
|Orange food color||1 Pinch|
1. In a flat bottom pan heat ghee for deep frying.
2. In another pan add sugar and water. Let the sugar melt completely. Once the mixture reaches one thread consistency switch off the flame.
3. Add cardamom powder and orange food color. Give a stir.
4. To make the boondi, in a large bowl add gram flour. Add water as required & keep stirring to avoid lumps. Make a pouring consistency batter.
5. Pour some of the batter on a strainer. Hold the strainer on the pan of hot ghee and move the strainer few times as shown in the video.
6. Deep fry the boondi on a slow flame.
7. Pour the fried boondi in the sugar syrup. Mix everything well.
8. Let the boondi soak in the syrup for half hour.
9. Take small portions and start making ladoo.
10. Soft Boondi Ladoos are ready.