On the occasion of Ganesh Chaturthi learn how to make Kaju Gulkand Modak recipe at home from our chef Archana. This delicious Indian sweet is prepared from cashew powder and gulkand (sweet preserved rose petals).
|Cashew powder||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cashews||15 (coarse powder)|
1. To make the sugar syrup in a pan add sugar and water. Let the sugar dissolve completely.
2. When it reaches one thread consistency add cashew powder (fine). Mix everything well. Keep stirring till the mixture comes together and forms a lump.
3. Transfer the cashew mixture on a plate and let it cool down completely.
4. In another pan add gulkand and cashew powder (coarse). Mix well. Keep stirring till the mixture comes together.
5. Transfer the gulkand mixture on a plate and let it cool down completely.
6. Start making small portions of the gulkand mixture.
7. Then make slightly bigger portions of the cashew mixture.
8. Take one of the gulkand mixture ball and stuff it in the cashew mixture ball. Seal it properly. Similarly make rest of the balls.
9. Once all the balls are ready put them in modak mould as shown in the video.
10. Similarly make all the modaks.
11. Delicious Kaju Gulkand Modak is ready.