This kheema or ground beef is simmered in a delicious Goan masala made with red Kashmiri chillies, spices vinegar.
|Please watch the video for ingredients.|
1. Marinate the ground beef with salt, the juice of a lime and the ginger & garlic paste.
2. Add the chillies, cinnamon, cardamom, cumin, poppy seeds, cloves, black peppercorns, turmeric and process, followed by the garlic, ginger and half the vinegar.
3. Boil the ground beef with one cup of water and cook till 75% done.
4. If theres any meat scum that floats to the top, just remove it after its about 75% cooked just remove it from the heat.
5. Add salt to taste.
6. Add some oil to another pan and just fry the cubed potatoes till half done, remove and drain on kitchen towel.
7. Add the diced Onions and saute this till it gets nice and add the masala back into the pan.
8. Add 1 cup of fresh diced tomatoes, give it a few moments to heat up and then mix everything together.
9. Cook the masala base for 10 15 mins till the tomatoes have had a chance to soften and blend in with the masala.
10. Add the boiled ground beef and the water back into the saute pan.
11. Mix this in and allow that masala mixture to coat the ground beef.
12. Add some water to my food processor and add this in as well.
13. Cover and cook.
14. Add the stock cube and salt to taste.
15. Add the juice of a lime.
16. Add 1 cup of frozen peas,& the green chillies.
17. Add the half cooked potatoes in cover in and allow it to cook.
18. Garnish with Coriander.
19. Serve and enjoy!