Finger-lickin' fried chicken?? Yes PLEASE. This recipe is not only delicious but incredibly easy to make. Try it out for yourself!
|Fryer chicken||1 , cut (ask your butcher to do it for you!)|
|Buttermilk||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Hot sauce||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (of your choice)|
|All purpose flour||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Onion powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Tablespoon|
|Water||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Oil||3 Cup (48 tbs) (For deep frying, I use peanut or vegetable!)|
1. Put your chicken in a ziplock bag along with the buttermilk and hot sauce.
2. Mix it all together and put it into the fridge to let it marinate for at least 2-3 hours or overnight.
3. Heat oil up to 350 degrees F.
4. Take out the chicken and use paper towels to dry completely.
5. In another ziplock bag add the flour,salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne, and shak it up to combine.
6. In a bowl whisk together the eggs, water, salt, and pepper.
7. Now it's time to fry! Taking a piece or two at a time add them into the ziplock bag with the flour, seal shut, and give it a good shake to coat.
8. Take out of the flour mixture and put it into the egg wash, coating completely and draining off the excess. Add the chicken back into the flour mixture one more time giving it another coat.
9. Shake off the excess flour and put into the hot oil.
10. Depending on the size and thickness of the meat, most pieces will take about 15 minutes to cook completely , flipping the chicken constantly.
11. Once the chicken is golden brown (and delicious) take out of the oil and set on paper towels to soak up all the extra grease and liberally sprinkle with coarse salt.
12. Serve while still hot and prepare yourself for the best fried chicken ever. Enjoy!