Thick, fudgy chocolate strawberry brownies make for an ultra-decadent summer treat.
|For the brownies:|
|Dark chocolate||200 Gram , broken (7 oz)|
|Unsalted butter||200 Gram , chop (7 oz)|
|Sugar||250 Gram (1 heaping cup)|
|All purpose flour||135 Gram (1 scant cup)|
|Instant espresso powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|For the topping:|
|Milk chocolate/Semi sweet chocolate||100 Gram , chop|
|Fresh strawberries||10 , thinly sliced (A handful)|
1. Preheat the oven to 160 C (325 F) and grease/line a 9 inch (22-24 cm) square pan with parchment paper.
2. Melt together the butter and dark chocolate. You can do this step over a double boiler, or in the microwave, stirring after every 45 seconds or until smooth (about 2 minutes). Set the chocolate aside to cool.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, salt and instant espresso powder till smooth.
4. Stir in the melted chocolate-butter mixture (should be cool to touch) just until incorporated.
5. Finally, fold in the flour.
6. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and spread evenly to all corners.
7. Top the brownies with the strawberry slices and chocolate chunks.
8. Bake for 35-4o minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out with a few damp crumbs.
9. While these taste great warm, chilling the brownies makes them far easier to cut. They also taste great cold.
10. Cut the brownies into squares. These make 9 generous portions (3x3 inches; pictured above) or 16 smaller (and more manageable!) ones.
11. Serve and enjoy!
These can be stored for about a week in the fridge (I wouldn't go much longer due to the fruit). You can freeze them for 1-2 months.