This Easy Weeknight Meal salad is made with delicious Thai ingredients that smother gluten free glass noodles made with bean thread. Its tossed together with Shrimp poached in Lemongrass and garlic water, and enhanced with fresh Basil and Coriander leaves. Its also served with sugar snap peas and red pepper. The star here is the Massaman Curry paste that just ties everything together with its unique blend of spices, herbs and aromatics.
|Bean noodles||320 Gram|
|Sugar snap peas||2 Cup (32 tbs) , divided|
|Fish sauce||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) , divided|
|Thai basil leaves||3/4 Cup (12 tbs) , divided|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Shrimp||300 Gram (tail on, 10 oz)|
|Lime||1 , juice extracted|
|Chilli oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Massaman curry paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Sliced shallots||1 Tablespoon|
|Minced garlic||2 Teaspoon|
|Coriander stems||1 Teaspoon|
|Julienned carrots||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Julienned red bell pepper||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fresh coriander leaves||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Soak the bean noodles in some hot water for a few minutes.
2. Drain noodles and add some oil so they dont stick.
3. Using a scissor cut them into 2 3 inch lengths.
4. Boil some water and blanch the peas for a few minutes.
5. Remove the peas and in the same water, add the lemongrass, 2-3 Basil leaves and clove of garlic.
6. Bring to the boil, then turn the heat down and reduce to a simmer.
7. Add the shelled and deveined tail on shrimp and put the lid back on and leave for 10 minutes.
8. Drain and leave aside to cool.
9. To make the dressing mix together the sugar, fish sauce, chilli oil, massaman curry paste, shallots, minced garlic and coriander stems.
10. Add this over the noodles and mix.
11. Add the peas, carrots, red pepper, basil and coriander leaves and toss.
12. Top with cooked shrimp.
13. Serve and enjoy!