Chicken and rice is the ultimate comfort food. In this Easy weeknight meal recipe, I make a very simple stir fry with some left over uncooked boneless Chicken and pair it with instant rice. Instant rice is basically rice that has been cooked and dehydrated and adding it to a hot liquid will bring it back again. This makes a wonderful satisfying meal.
|Boneless chicken||1 Pound (approx. 500 gms)|
|Shallots||2 , slice|
|Garlic||6 , slice|
|Lemon||2 Tablespoon (from 1 lemon)|
|Light soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Julienned red peppers||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Instant brown rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. In a saute pan, saute the shallots and garlic.
2. Add the chicken and brown on both sides.
3. Add the juice of a lemon and some soy sauce.
4. Add the red pepper.
5. Remove of the chicken and veggies.
6. Brown 1 cup rice and add the stock and bring to the boil.
7. Cook covered, according to the package instructions.
8. Serve with the chicken.