Fried Vegetable Balls is an ever-popular starter. Made of a large assortment of veggies, ranging from potatoes to beans and capsicum, this yummy starter is excitingly flavoured with spices and soy sauce.
Deep-frying the veggie mix with a coating of batter and bread crumbs gives the Fried Vegetable Balls an enticingly crunchy top layer, which slowly gives way to a succulent and spicy filling as you bite into it. Relish this starter hot and fresh, with tomato ketchup.
|Boiled mashed potato||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Finely chopped french beans||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Green peas||5 Tablespoon , boil|
|Finely chopped capsicum||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Finely chopped green chillies||1 Teaspoon|
|Chilli powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Plain flour||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (maida)|
|Bread crumbs||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (for rolling)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Deep fry)|
1.Combine the plain flour and approx. cup of water in a deep bowl, whisk well and keep aside.
2. Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the green chilies and ginger- garlic paste, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
3. Add the French beans and capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 5 to 7 minutes.
4. Add the chili powder and soy sauce, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
5. Add the potatoes, green peas and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Cool slightly.
6. Divide the mixture into 16 equal portions and shape each portion into a ball.
7. Dip each ball into the prepared plain flour-water mixture so that it is evenly coated on all the sides.
8. Roll it in bread crumbs till they are evenly coated from all the sides.
9. Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and deep-fry a few balls at a time on a medium flame till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
10.Serve immediately with tomato ketchup.