Scrumptious and satiating, the Potato Sandwich is the ideal snack to appease your hunger! Buttery, chutney-lined bread is sandwiched with a tasty potato mixture and toasted on a tava till it is appetizingly crisp and golden. The potato filling is very tasty, as it is boosted with flavourful ingredients like onion, coriander, chaat masala and lemon juice. Although it is a common snack that is enjoyed by everybody, this is nothing short of a work of art because it so masterfully combines taste and functionality. The next time you feel hungry, think no further just go for a Potato Sandwich.
|Boiled and mashed potatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Finely chopped onions||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Finely chopped coriander||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) ((dhania))|
|Finely chopped green chillies||2 Teaspoon|
|Chilli powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Chaat masala||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Green chutney||8 Teaspoon|
|Butter||10 Teaspoon (for spreading, brushing and cooking)|
1. Divide the stuffing into 4 equal portions. Keep aside.
2. Place 2 bread slices on a clean, dry surface, apply tsp of butter on both the bread slices and spread it evenly.
3. Put 1 tsp of green chutney on both the buttered bread slices and spread it evenly.
4. Put a portion of the stuffing on one buttered- chutney slice and sandwich it with another buttered-chutney slice facing downwards and press it lightly.
5. Apply tsp of butter on it and spread it evenly.
6. Heat 1 tsp of butter on a non-stick tava (griddle), place the prepared sandwich on it with the buttered side facing upwards and cook on a medium flame till both sides turn crispy and golden brown in colour.
7. Repeat steps 2 to 6 to make 3 more sandwiches.
8. Serve immediately with tomato ketchup.