Today were making Grilled Teriyaki Steak Skewers! These skewers are so tender and flavorful! They can be served as an appetizer or as a part of a healthy dinner like the one I created in the video!
Thanks to Beef Its Whats For Dinner for sponsoring and collaborating with me on this video. Flank steak is a favorite of mine when it comes to skewers and thats why I chose it for this recipe!!
Its naturally tender and so flavorful! You could seriously skip the teriyaki sauce and these skewers would still be amazing!!
I hope that you guys enjoy this recipe as much as we do!!
|Flank steak||1 Pound|
|Sesame oil||1/2 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Soy sauce||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (ow sodium)|
|Brown sugar||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Rice wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Red pepper flakes||1/4 Teaspoon (optional)|
|Ginger||1/2 Teaspoon (chopped)|
|Pineapple juice||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sesame seeds||To Taste|
1. Cut steak into 1/2-inch thick strips across the grain.
2. Coat strips with sesame oil.
3. Mix together salt, black pepper and garlic powder and season strips generously.
4. Thread strips onto skewers that have soaked in water for at least 30 minutes prior. Set aside.
5. In a pot over medium heat, combine soy sauce, brown sugar, honey, fresh garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes (of using) and
6. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 5 minutes or until it has thickened enough to light coat the back of spoon.
7. In a small bowl combine pineapple juice and cornstarch.
8. Stir mixture into pot.
9. Remove from heat. Glaze will thicken more as it cools. Set aside.
10. Heat the grill to 400 F.
11. Place the skewers on the grill and brush with glaze.
12. Cook for 2-3 minutes and flip.
13. Brush with more glaze and cook until desired doneness is reached.
14. Garnish with sesame seeds and parsley if desired. Serve and Enjoy