Hariyali boti kebabs are simply little chunks or boti of Chicken good in a green or Hara spice blend. This kebab is similar to other kebab recipes that I have made like the Hara kebab or the Pahadi Kebab. Coriander and Mint are ground up together with green chilli, ginger and garlic and other spices and is used to marinate delicate chunks of meat. The marinade is finished off with some dried fenugreek, yogurt mustard oil.
|Chicken thigh||2 Pound , cubed|
|Limes||1 1/2 , juice extracted|
|Ginger paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Ginger piece||1 Inch , chop|
|Garlic||5 Clove (25 gm)|
|Sliced green chilies||2 Tablespoon|
|Red chilli powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Garam masala||1 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Fresh mint leaves||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fresh coriander||2 Cup (32 tbs) (stems & leaves)|
|Water||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Kasuri methi/Dry fenugreek leaves||1 Teaspoon|
|Hung yogurt||2 Tablespoon|
|Mustard oil||1 Tablespoon|
1. Marinate the chicken with the juice of a lime and the ginger and garlic paste.
2. Also add salt to taste and leave for an hour.
3. In a food processor add the rest of the lime juice, the ginger and garlic, the green chillies, mint and about cup of the Coriander and blend.
4. Add some water to help it along.
5. Add the pepper, some salt and the rest of the coriander.
6. Also add the dry spices and blend.
7. Pour this marinade over the chicken and mix well.
8. Add the kasuri methi or dry fenugreek, the yogurt and the oil.
9. Mix well, skewer and cook on a hot grill
10. Serve and enjoy!