This dosa is so tasty and cheesy and scrumptious that it could well be a strong competitor for pizzas! Palak Cheese Dosa is an innovative recipe that features buttery dosas layered with a paste of palak, cheese, onions, tomatoes and other taste-givers, followed by a topping of grated cheese. Folded into an appetizing shape, these dosas are truly, completely irresistible! Next time when you have guests over, build a party platter of a wide variety of dosas which everyone is sure to love - Corn Dosa, Dosa Lasagne , Jini Dosa , Moong Dal Dosa.
|Chopped spinach||1 Cup (16 tbs) ((blanched spinach (palak))|
|Grated processed cheese||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Roughly chopped onions||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Roughly chopped tomatoes||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped ginger||1/2 Teaspoon ((adrak))|
|Chopped garlic||1 Teaspoon ((lehsun))|
|Turmeric powder||2 Pinch ((haldi))|
|Chilli powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Dosa batter||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs) ((readymade))))|
|Melted butter||2 Tablespoon ((for cooking))))|
1.Combine the spinach, onion, tomatoes, ginger and garlic in a mixer and blend till smooth without using any water.
2. Heat the oil a broad non-stick pan, add the prepared spinach mixture, turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
3. Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), sprinkle little water and wipe it off gently using a muslin cloth.
4. Pour a ladleful of the batter on it and spread it in a circular motion to make a 175 mm. (7) diameter thin circle.
5. Smear 1 tsp butter over it and along the edges and cook on medium flame till the dosa turns light brown in colour.
6. Spread 2 tbsp of the prepared spinach mixture and sprinkle cup of cheese evenly over it. Cook it on a medium flame for 1 minute or till the cheese melts.
7. Fold the dosa lightly from 3 sides to form a triangle.
8. Repeat steps 3 to 7 to make 5 more dosas.
9.Serve immediately with sambhar and coconut chutney.