A spicy soup perfect for a winters day, yet not to spicy that it makes your eyes water! The Tomato and Baked Beans Soup represents a delicate balance of tang and spice mellowed down with white sauce so every mouthful can be relished thoroughly. You can also try other Mexican soups like Mexican Nacho Soup, Sopa De Milho Verde and Tortilla Soup.
|Canned baked beans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Roughly chopped tomatoes||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Finely chopped onions||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Finely chopped capsicum||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Finely chopped spring onions||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (((whites and greens)))|
|Finely chopped tomatoes||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|White sauce||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chilli sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|For the garnish|
|Grated processed cheese||2 Tablespoon|
1.Combine the tomatoes, 4 cups of water and cook on a medium flame for 8 to 10 minutes.
2. Allow the mixture to cool completely.
3. Blend the mixture in a mixer till smooth and then strain it. Keep aside.
4. Heat the oil in a deep pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
5. Add the capsicum and spring onion whites and greens and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
6. Add the prepared tomato mixture and boil for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
7. Add the tomatoes, baked beans, white sauce, sugar, chilli sauce and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
8. Serve hot garnished with cheese.