Have you been thinking that you cannot make a pizza at home because you dont have an oven? Well, you can and our idea is not as silly as borrowing an oven from somebody. We claim that you can make an amazing Basic Pizza Base without an Oven, using the humble tava and this recipe proves it. Cooking the rolled pizza dough covered makes it as good as the original, oven-baked one. Load it with your favourite sauces and toppings, and you are all set to enjoy an awesome pizza right away.You can use this base and make pizzas like Baby Corn and Sweet Corn Pizza in A Pan or Pizza in A Pan.
|Plain flour||2 Cup (32 tbs) ((((Little more Plain flour (maida) for rolling))))|
|Instant dry yeast||1 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
1.Combine 2 tbsp of lukewarm water and dry yeast in a small bowl and mix well.
2. Cover with a lid and keep aside for 5 minutes.
3. Combine the plain flour, yeast-sugar mixture, olive oil and salt in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
4. Cover the dough with a damp muslin cloth and keep aside for 1 hour.
5. Press the dough lightly to remove the air and divide the dough into 3 equal portions.
6. Roll each portion into a 175 mm. (7) diameter circle with the help of plain flour and prick each circle evenly using a fork.
7. Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and put the rolled circle over it, the pricked side facing upwards. Cover it with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
8. Turnover and again cover it with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
9.Serve and enjoy!
At step 6, while rolling a portion of the dough, keep the other 2 portions covered with damp muslin cloth so that they do not dry up.