Missing pizzas in a party menu? Well, worry not, turn your favourite dish into an handy format, which can be served on any occasion as a starter or as a snack. Muffin moulds are lined with pizza dough and baked with a topping of luscious white sauce based, veggie-packed mixture, pizza sauce, seasonings and of course, cheese basically, all the usual pizza works! Voila, when you open the oven, you will find scrumptious Mini Pizza Cups waiting to be devoured!
|For the dough|
|Dry yeast||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Plain flour||1 Cup (16 tbs) ((((MAIDA))))|
|For the filling|
|Finely chopped garlic||1 Teaspoon ((((lehsun))))|
|Finely chopped onions||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Finely chopped capsicum||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Finely chopped mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs) ((((Khumbh))))|
|Boiled sweet corn kernels||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) ((((makai ke dane))))|
|White sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pizza sauce||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated processed cheese||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Dry red chilli flakes||10 Gram (((for sprinkling)))|
|Dried mixed herbs||10 Gram (((for sprinkling)))|
For the dough
1. Combine dry yeast, sugar and 2 tbsp of lukewarm water in a small bowl and mix well.
2. Cover with a lid and keep aside for 5 minutes.
3. Combine the plain flour, yeast-sugar mixture in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
4. Cover the dough with a damp muslin cloth and keep aside for 1 hour.
5. Press the dough lightly to remove the air and divide the dough into 11 equal portions. Keep aside.
For the filling
1. Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
2. Add the capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
3. Add the mushrooms, sweet corn kernels and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
4. Add the white sauce, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
5. Divide the filling into 11 equal portion and keep aside.
How to proceed
1. Roll each portion of the dough into a 75 mm. (3) diameter circle using some plain flour for rolling.
2. Press each rolled portion of the dough into the cavities of a greased muffin tray. Keep aside.
3. Fill each cavity with 2 tsp of pizza sauce and portion of the prepared filling.
4. Sprinkle 1 tbsp of cheese, little chilli flakes and little mixed herbs evenly in each pizza cup and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200C (400F) for 15 to 20 minutes.
5.Serve and enjoy!