Somehow, the word vanilla has been misused in the English language as an expression that means plain or ordinary, but ask any cake lover and they will swear by the versatility of vanilla!
Indeed, be it a sponge or a cupcake, the vanilla flavoured one is the most exciting and useful of all, because its nice soothing taste and mouth-feel complement any flavour beautifully.
This Vanilla Cupcake is testimony of this fact. These cupcakes are really tasty and easy to make. They just melt in the mouth, and play host effectively to any type of icing or butter cream. Let your imagination run wild, and decorate these amazing cupcakes in your favourite way.
|Plain flour||1 Cup (16 tbs) ((((maida))))|
|Milk powder||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Soft butter||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Powdered sugar||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla essence||1/2 Teaspoon|
1. Combine the plain flour, milk powder, baking powder and baking soda in a deep bowl, mix well using a spatula and keep aside.
2. Combine the butter and sugar in a deep bowl and mix well using a spatula till it is smooth and light using a spatula.
3. Add the plain flour mixture gradually and fold it gently using a spatula.
4. Add the milk gradually and mix gently using a spatula.
5. Add the vanilla essence and again mix gently using a spatula.
6. Divide the mixture into 9 equal portions.
7. Place 9 paper muffin cups in a muffin tray and fill each cup with a portion of the batter.
8. Bake it in a pre-heated oven at 180C (360F) for 20 minutes.
9. Cool slightly and serve.