Rich and exotic, the Fried Jacket Potatoes with Cream Cheese Topping will amaze your guests and spread your fame as a great cook! The best part is that the dish is not as difficult to prepare although the outcome is so fabulous. Parboiled potatoes are deep-fried and their scooped-out centres are packed with a mouth-watering mixture of cream cheese and veggies seasoned with herbs and spices. The capsicum, carrots and spring onions add a splash of colours to this dish, giving it a very appealing look that will make everyone taste a piece. Make sure you do not overcook the potatoes as that will make it difficult to fry and scoop out.
|For the potatoes|
|Oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) ((deep|
|For cream cheese topping|
|Cream cheese||4 Tablespoon|
|Curds||1 Tablespoon ((dahi))|
|Chopped capsicum||1 Tablespoon ((red and yellow))|
|Grated carrot||1 Tablespoon|
|Dry red chilli flakes||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried mixed herbs||1 Teaspoon|
|For the garnish|
|Finely chopped spring onion greens||1 Tablespoon|
1. Cut each parboiled potato vertically into 2 halves with help of a sharp knife.
2. Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and deep-fry the potato halves till they turn brown in colour from both the side. Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside to cool slightly.
3. Scoop out the centre of each potato halve a little, using a spoon, so that a slight depression is formed for the topping. Keep aside.
4. Divide the cream cheese topping into 8 equal portions.
5. Fill each hollow deep-fried potato halve with the prepared cream cheese topping.
6.Serve and enjoy!