Brie on baguette rounds meets its match in a compote of fresh blueberries and mint for an easy party appetizer.
|Red onion||1/2 , dice|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Minced fresh mint||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh blueberries||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Red wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Apple juice||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brie cheese||6 Ounce , slice|
|Baguette slices||16 , toast|
|Candied almonds||2 Tablespoon , chop (optional)|
1. Sauté onion in olive oil in a medium sauté pan until tender, about 5 minutes.
2. Add mint, blueberries, sugar, vinegar and juice. Cook until juice reduces and sugar dissolves, 10 to 15 minutes.
3. Let mixture cool to warm or room temperature.
4. To assemble: arrange baguette slices on platter. Top with a slice of brie.
5. Spoon on blueberry compote.
6. Serve at room temperature.