As this dosa requires no soaking or fermenting, it can be prepared in a jiffy when you are in need of a quick meal. The addition of cooked rice makes the dosas soft despite not soaking the raw rice. Quick rice dosa should be had immediately with sambhar and chutney.
|Raw rice||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) ((washed and drained))|
|Grated coconut||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cooked rice||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Melted butter||5 Tablespoon ((use as required))|
1. Combine the raw rice, coconut, cooked rice and cup of water in a mixer and blend till smooth.
2. Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl, add the salt and approx. 5 tbsp of water and mix well. Cover with a lid and keep it aside for 10 minutes.
3. Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), sprinkle a little water on it and wipe it off gently using a muslin cloth.
4. Pour a ladleful of the batter on it and spread it in a circular motion to make a 125 mm. (5) diameter circle.
5. Smear a little butter over it and along the edges and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes. Take care to see that the dosa does not become crisp as this is a soft dosa.
6. Fold over to make a semi-circle or a roll.
7. Repeat with the remaining batter to make 7 more dosas.
8. Serve immediately with sambhar, coconut chutney and coriander onion chutney.