Cheese has a way of magically attracting most kids, and such cheese-loving kids will thoroughly enjoy these zesty Cheese Cookies! Grate the cheese well so that it will mix well with the dough and create lots of exciting, cheesy pockets in the cookies when it melts while baking. Since the dough has lots of butter and cheese, it will be a bit soft. Refrigerate it for some time so that it will be easy to shape the cookies. Store in an airtight container to surprise your kids when they come home, or pack it in the snack box to take to school.
|Grated processed cheese||2 Tablespoon|
|Butter||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chilli powder||1 Pinch|
|Plain flour||1 1/4 Cup (20 tbs) (((Including dusting)))|
1. Beat the butter in a bowl until light and creamy.
2. Add the cheese, chilli powder and salt and mix well.
3. Add the plain flour, mix well and knead into a semi-stiff dough without using water.
4. Divide the dough into 3 equal portions, cover with a lid and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
5. Roll a portion of the dough into a 175 mm. (7) diameter thin circle using a little plain flour for rolling.
6. Cut into 8 small rounds of approx. 37 mm. (1) in diameter with the help of a cookie cutter.
7. Scrape off the dough remaining after cutting the cookie rounds and continue making more cookies.
8. Arrange the cookies on a baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180C (360F) for 15 minutes.
9. Cool completely, store in an air tight container or pack in a tiffin box.