Given a choice, kids will say nyaaaaah to broccoli, but they are a must-have because of their nutritional benefits! So, tempt them with these yummy tikkis made with a combination of broccoli and cheese. Use olive oil to cook these tikkis as it is rich in vitamin E.
|Grated processed cheese||2 Tablespoon|
|Broccoli||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) , finely chopped|
|Olive oil||3 Teaspoon|
|Onions||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) , finely chopped|
|Green chillies||1 Teaspoon , finely chopped|
|Potatoes||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Heat the olive oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions, ginger-garlic paste and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
2. Add the broccoli and salt and sauté on a slow flame for 3 minutes. Keep aside to cool completely.
3. Once cooled, transfer the broccoli mixture into a deep bowl, add the potatoes and cheese and mix well.
4. Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions and shape each portion into a 50 mm. (2) diameter round flat tikkis.
5. Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and greasing it using tsp of olive oil, cook the each tikki using tsp of olive oil, till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides.
6. Serve immediately or pack into your kid's snack box.