Scrumptious crêpes prepared with a batter of flours and milk, are stuffed with a mixture of sautéed capsicum and paneer, and topped with a creamy capsicum sauce, all set to be baked with a sprinkling of grated cheese. With its sumptuous filling and soothingly spicy topping, these Baked Crêpes with Capsicum Sauce make a perfect starter for any party. But then, we would not recommend waiting for your next party to prepare it why not make it right away to enjoy a few special culinary moments with your loved and loving family?
|For the crÃªpes:|
|Plain flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Melted butter||7 Teaspoon (use as required)|
|For the capsicum sauce:|
|Milk||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Plain flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Freshly cracked black pepper||To Taste|
|For the stuffing:|
|Red capsicum||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) , finely chopped|
|Green chillies||1 Teaspoon , finely chopped|
|Crumbled paneer||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Grated processed cheese||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Black olives||2 Teaspoon , thinly sliced|
|Tabasco sauce||1/2 Teaspoon|
For the crêpes:
1. Combine all the ingredients and 3 tbsp of water in a deep bowl and mix well till the batter is smooth and no lumps remain.
2. Heat a 125 mm. (5") diameter broad non-stick pan and grease it lightly using little melted butter.
3. Remove the pan off the flame, pour 2 tbsp of the batter in it and tilt the pan clockwise immediately so that the batter coats the pan evenly.
4. Put the pan back on the flame and cook it on a high flame, using a little butter, till it turns light brown in colour at the bottom.
5. Repeat steps 2 to 4 to make about 3 more crêpes. Keep aside.
For the capsicum sauce:
6. Combine the blanched capsicum and milk and blend in a mixer till smooth. Keep aside.
7. Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the plain flour and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
8. Add the capsicum-milk mixture, salt and pepper powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute or till the sauce thickens. Keep aside.
For the stuffing:
9. Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the red capsicum and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
10. Add the paneer and salt, and mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
11. Divide the stuffing into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
12. Spread a little capsicum sauce evenly in a baking dish.
13. Place a crêpe on a clean, dry surface, spread a portion of the stuffing in the center and roll it up tightly.
14. Repeat step 2 to make 3 more stuffed crêpes.
15. Place all the stuffed crêpes on the capsicum sauce in the baking dish and pour the remaining capsicum sauce evenly over it.
16. Sprinkle the cheese, black olives and Tabasco sauce evenly over it and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200C (400F) for 10 minutes.
17. Serve immediately.