When it comes to Street Food in Hyderabad, Aloo Bread Toast stands in the top selling ones. This crispy potato smeared bread toast with garlicy-tangy-spicy and minty-coconuty chutneys along with crunchy onions, and sev is a party for the tastebuds. Let's together make this amazing aloo toast chaat for ourselves!
|For aloo toast:|
|Red chili powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Garam masala||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Coriander powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Green chutney||1 Tablespoon|
|Plain flour||4 Tablespoon|
|Corn flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) ((For deep frying))|
|For green chutney:|
|Mint bunch||1 Large|
|Coriander leaves bunch||1 Large|
|Curry leaves sprig||1|
|Lemon juice||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Water||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) ((use as required))|
|For red chutney:|
|Sichuan peppercorns||1/2 Tablespoon|
|Fried gram||2 Tablespoon|
|Kashmiri red chilies||12 ((Dried))|
|Tomato ketchup||2 Teaspoon|
|Red food color||To Taste ((Optional))|
|Green chutney||6 Tablespoon|
|Nylon sev||12 Tablespoon|
1. In a bowl, mix the potatoes with salt, turmeric, red chili powder, coriander powder, red and green chutney.
2. Smear the potato mixture in one side of the bread slices. 3. Heat up oil to deep fry.
4. In a flat bowl, add the plain flour, corn flour, salt and turmeric. Use water as required to form a batter.
5. Coat the potato smeared side with plain flour slurry and deep fry both sides until golden and transfer to an absorbent kitchen paper.You may choose to toast these in a tawa with 1 tsp oil.
FOR GREEN CHUTNEY:
6. Grind all ingredients together to a smooth paste.
FOR RED CHUTNEY:
7. In a pan, add in the oil. Once hot, chopped garlic and sichuan peppercorns goes in. After a minute, add the futana and kashmiri red chilis.
8. Once the futana is a bit golden, add the onion, tomato, ketchup, vinegar and cook till tomatoes are mushy.
9. Turn off the flame, let it cool down, blend to a smooth paste using sufficient water. Red Food Color will have to be added to attain the same color as street style :)
10. In a plate, place the aloo toast and smear green and red chutneys.
11. Slice the aloo toast diagonally then sprinkle chopped onions and coriander.
12. Finally a good layer of Nylon Sev and the Aloo Toast is ready to serve!