When it comes to Street Food in Hyderabad, Aloo Bread Toast stands in the top selling ones. This crispy potato smeared bread toast with garlicy-tangy-spicy and minty-coconuty chutneys along with crunchy onions, and sev is a party for the tastebuds. Let's together make this amazing aloo toast chaat for ourselves!
|For aloo toast:|
|Red chili powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Garam masala||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Coriander powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Green chutney||1 Tablespoon|
|Plain flour||4 Tablespoon|
|Corn flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) ((For deep frying))|
|For green chutney:|
|Mint bunch||1 Large|
|Coriander leaves bunch||1 Large|
|Curry leaves sprig||1|
|Lemon juice||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Water||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) ((use as required))|
|For red chutney:|
|Sichuan peppercorns||1/2 Tablespoon|
|Fried gram||2 Tablespoon|
|Kashmiri red chilies||12 ((Dried))|
|Tomato ketchup||2 Teaspoon|
|Red food color||To Taste ((Optional))|
|Green chutney||6 Tablespoon|
|Nylon sev||12 Tablespoon|
1. In a bowl, mix the potatoes with salt, turmeric, red chili powder, coriander powder, red & green chutney.
2. Smear the potato mixture in one side of the bread slices. 3. Heat up oil to deep fry.
4. In a flat bowl, add the plain flour, corn flour, salt and turmeric. Use water as required to form a batter.
5. Coat the potato smeared side with plain flour slurry and deep fry both sides until golden and transfer to an absorbent kitchen paper.You may choose to toast these in a tawa with 1 tsp oil.
FOR GREEN CHUTNEY:
6. Grind all ingredients together to a smooth paste.
FOR RED CHUTNEY:
7. In a pan, add in the oil. Once hot, chopped garlic and sichuan peppercorns goes in. After a minute, add the futana and kashmiri red chilis.
8. Once the futana is a bit golden, add the onion, tomato, ketchup, vinegar and cook till tomatoes are mushy.
9. Turn off the flame, let it cool down, blend to a smooth paste using sufficient water. Red Food Color will have to be added to attain the same color as street style :)
10. In a plate, place the aloo toast and smear green and red chutneys.
11. Slice the aloo toast diagonally then sprinkle chopped onions & coriander.
12. Finally a good layer of Nylon Sev and the Aloo Toast is ready to serve!