When you have Poha along with onions, sev Jalebi...you know that it's gotta be from Indore!
O Bhiya! Indori Poha nahi khaya toh phir kya khaya?
|Poha||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Red chilli powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Mustard seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Fennel seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Green chilli||2 , slitted|
|Turmeric powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped onion||To Taste|
|Grated coconut||To Taste|
|Pomegranate seeds||To Taste|
1. Wash poha 2-3 times, drain and set aside, let little water remain.
2. In the poha add required amount of salt and red chilli powder.
3. In a pan heat oil, and add mustard seeds abd once they start to splutter add fennel seeds, onion, green chillies and curry leaves.
4. Cook this till the onions turn translucent, for about 3-4 minutes.
5. Next add turmeric powder, potatoes and cover it till potatoes are cooked through.
6. Add the poha and let it cook for 5 minutes on low heat with a lid on.
7. Turn off the heat and sprinkle with coriander leaves.
8. Serve immediately with a garnish of onion, coconut, pomegranate seeds, sev, lemon and jalebi.