Betty demonstrates how to make an Italian Sausage Sub. This sandwich has mild Italian sausage, marinara sauce, and mozzarella cheese on a submarine sandwich bun and is served hot.
|Mild italian sausage links||3 Pound|
|Water||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (use as required)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Italian sauce||24 Ounce|
|Dried oregano||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried basil||1 Teaspoon|
|Mozzarella cheese||1 Pound , thinly sliced|
1. Place cut sausage pieces in deep skillet.
2. Cook over medium heat, turning often, until done and outside is crusty. Remove sausage from skillet.
3. Place in a bowl and set aside. Pour off grease from skillet and discard.
4. Put water in skillet and heat, stirring constantly, to deglaze the skillet.
5. Add green pepper, onion, and garlic. Saute until vegetables are soft.
6. Stir in Italian sauce, dried oregano, and dried basil.
7. Split open the rolls and place them in baking dishes. Top each half-roll with cooked sausage.
8. Cover each with Italian sauce, followed by slices of mozzarella cheese.
9. Cover with a little more Italian sauce. Bake at 400 degrees (F) for 5 to 10 minutes, until cheese is melted and beginning to brown.
10. Serve immediately. These subs may be served open-faced or closed. Enjoy!