All the snackers in the house, get your hands rolling for some Khandvi, which is not only light but handy!
|Besan||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Turmeric powder||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||3 Drop|
|Fresh curd||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (use as required)|
|Mustard seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Grated coconut||2 Tablespoon|
|Coriander||2 Tablespoon , finely chopped|
1. Grease the thali with little ghee and set aside.
2. Combine the besan, hing, turmeric, ginger-chilli paste, lemon juice, curds and mix well. Add in salt and water so make a smooth batter in a bowl.
3. Cook on a slow flame, while stirring continuously till it becomes thick.
4. Spread a spoonful of the batter on the greased thali and wait for a few seconds and try to roll up. If it doesn't, then cook for a few more minutes, and check once more till done.
While the batter is still hot spread it evenly on the thali with a spatula.
5. When cool, cut the khandvi on the thali lengthwise, into equal portions and roll each gently
6. For the garnish, just before serving heat the oil in a small non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds.
7. When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida, curry leaves and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds. Pour the tempering over the khandvis.
8. Serve immediately garnished with coconut, coriander and green chutney.