Melt-in-your-mouth pancakes made with a batter of mashed bananas and whole wheat flour, and drizzled with chocolate sauce, taste out of the world. Exercising a little care and creativity in arranging and garnishing the Banana Pancakes with Chocolate Sauce will ensure each serving looks and tastes very aesthetic. Indeed, this is a dessert you will want to have again in the morning for breakfast too and no harm in that because it is quick, easy, healthy and memorably tasty as well!
|For the pancakes:|
|Mashed banana||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter||1 Teaspoon (for greasing and cooking)|
|For the chocolate sauce:|
|Chocolate||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|For the garnish:|
|Roasted almond slivers||1 Tablespoon|
For the pancakes:
1. Combine all the ingredients along with 1 cup of water in a deep bowl and mix well using a whisk.
2. Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and greased it using tsp of butter, pour cup of the batter on it and spread in a circular motion to make a thick pancake of 150 mm. (6") diameter.
3. Cook the pancake on a medium flame, using a tsp of butter, till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 to make about 5 more pancakes. Keep aside.
For the chocolate sauce:
5. Combine the chocolate and milk in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds.
6. Remove and mix well using a spoon. Keep aside.
7. Place each pancake on a serving plate and fold into a triangle.
8. Pour little chocolate sauce over each pancake.
9. Serve immediately garnished with almond slivers.