Paneer, potato and sweet corn, spiced up with green chillies and coriander, fluffed up with grated cheese, bound together with a simple white sauce, and deep-fried till a perfectly golden brown! These paneer potato and sweet corn balls will break all bounds of self-control. Sometimes, everybody deserves a treat so simply indulge!
|Potatoes||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Paneer||1 Cup (16 tbs) , finely chopped|
|Green chillies||2 Teaspoon , finely chopped|
|Coriander||1 Tablespoon , finely chopped|
|Sweet corn kernels||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated processed cheese||2 Tablespoon|
|Plain flour||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Water||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For deep frying)|
|For the sauce:|
|Plain flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Milk||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
For the sauce:
1. Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the plain flour and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
2. Add the milk, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously. Keep aside.
For the balls:
3. Combine all the ingredients including the sauce in a bowl and mix well.
4. Divide the mixture into 20 equal portions and shape each portion into a round ball.
5. Dip each ball into the maida-water mixture and then roll them in bread crumbs till they are evenly coated from all the sides.
6. Heat a deep kadhai and deep-fry a few balls at time till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides.
7. Drain on absorbent paper and serve hot with tomato ketchup.