Betty demonstrates how to make Malted Milk Date Squares. These are chewy bar cookies that contain malted milk powder, pecans, and dates.
|Butter||1/3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped dates||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Malted milk powder||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Pecan pieces||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Cooking oil spray||1 Teaspoon|
1. Melt the butter in a large saucepan.
2. Add remaining ingredients and bland well.
3. Spread mixture into an 8-inch square pan that has been sprayed with cooking oil spray.
4. Bake at 350 degrees (F) for 25 to 30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
5. Cool. Cut into 16 squares and arrange on a nice serving plate. Enjoy!